Before You Go
Thompson Travel Holidays
Before You Go
1. Travel Documents
2. Travel Insurance
5. Car Parking, Hire & Transfers
6. Foreign Currency
8. Excursions & Attraction Tickets
These are the main points of the Thompson Travel International holiday checklist.
1. Travel Documents - Have you got the correct documentation for travel? Valid passport, visa/s if required and tickets are essential for your trip!
2. Travel Insurance - It is imperative you have adequate travel insurance for your trip. Remember your travel insurance doesn't just cover you when you are away but in can cover you in the event something happens that prohibits you from travel. Each policy is different and has different terms and conditions. We are FCA accredited and can arrange travel insurance for either your single trip or annual policy.
Not the right level of cover to meet your Travel Insurance needs? If we can’t offer you the cover you want, or your premium is higher than you wanted because you have medical conditions, you may be able to get help by accessing the Money and Pensions Service travel directory at: https://traveldirectory.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en or by calling 0800 138 777 (Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm).
3. Vaccinations - Make sure you have arranged any required vaccinations for your trip, speaking to your local GP is the best way to find out what you may need
4. Bank - It is always advisable to let your bank and/or credit company know that you are going to travel abroad to potentially avoid a card block
5. Car parking, hire & transfers - The part nearly everyone leaves to the last minute. Does your car need booked into the airport car park for the duration of your trip? Do you need car hire for your holiday? How are you getting from the airport to your destination and back? We can arrange all of these things for you prior to travel.
6. Foreign Currency - We can organise any foreign currency from you on the basis we have a few days to place and receive your order. We usually have Euro and US Dollar in stock on a day to day basis and work on a 0% commission basis.
7. Pets - Who is looking after the animals when you are gone? Don't forget about them!
8. Excursions & Attraction Tickets - You would be surprised the amount of theme parks, theatre, sport and attraction tickets we can organise for you prior to your travel. Saves standing in a queue for tickets before you even start queuing for what you are going to do.
The most important thing to monitor before you go - for the latest travel advice from the foreign and commonwealth office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information click here - www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Advice can change so please continue to check until you travel.