Before You Go
Thompson Travel Holidays
Before You Go
1. Travel Documents
2. Travel Insurance
5. Car Parking, Hire & Transfers
6. Foreign Currency
8. Excursions & Attraction Tickets
These are the main points of the Thompson Travel International holiday checklist.
1. Travel Documents - Have you got the correct documentation for travel? Valid passport, visa/s if required and tickets are essential for your trip!
2. Travel Insurance - Ensuring that your holidays are appropriately protected is one of our main priorities. That's why we have specifically chosen Holiday Extras as our preferred travel insurance provider to ensure that you are protected before and whilst you are travelling.
Holiday Extras offer travel insurance that has been independently rated 5-stars by Defaqto and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. They have also been awarded “Best Travel Insurance Provider” at the Travel Weekly Globe Awards for the past fourteen years.
For more information or to obtain a quote please go to their website by clicking here or call them on 0800 083 3551 to speak to a friendly advisor. Please quote D1828 upon calling.
3. Vaccinations - Make sure you have arranged any required vaccinations for your trip, speaking to your local GP is the best way to find out what you may need
4. Bank - It is always advisable to let your bank and/or credit company know that you are going to travel abroad to potentially avoid a card block
5. Car parking, hire & transfers - The part nearly everyone leaves to the last minute. Does your car need booked into the airport car park for the duration of your trip? Do you need car hire for your holiday? How are you getting from the airport to your destination and back? We can arrange all of these things for you prior to travel.
6. Foreign Currency - We can organise any foreign currency from you on the basis we have a few days to place and receive your order. We usually have Euro and US Dollar in stock on a day to day basis and work on a 0% commission basis.
7. Pets - Who is looking after the animals when you are gone? Don't forget about them!
8. Excursions & Attraction Tickets - You would be surprised the amount of theme parks, theatre, sport and attraction tickets we can organise for you prior to your travel. Saves standing in a queue for tickets before you even start queuing for what you are going to do.
The most important thing to monitor before you go - for the latest travel advice from the foreign and commonwealth office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information click here - www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Advice can change so please continue to check until you travel.